Director, Talent - Customer Channels
Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Waltham
- Establish the Group’s overall talent strategy approach and appropriate processes to build an enduring, deep and diverse pipeline of future leaders and increase mobility of exceptional talent within the Groups and across Thermo Fisher.
- Using tools created in the Talent COE, build and actively monitor a Group workforce plan to
- Work with the Talent COE and other Talent leaders to shift from a talent ‘silo’ mindset (amongst HR and business leaders) to a culture of career growth and talent mobility across the company.
- identify needs and implement talent and leadership development interventions and solutions.
- Partner with the Talent COE to ensure managers at all levels excel at identifying, selecting, onboarding and assimilating exceptional new talent into the organization to reduce attrition and maximize productivity.
- Partner with the Talent COE to actively support structured internship and undergraduate/graduate leadership programs to build early career talent pipelines.
- Drive all activities associated with the Performance Management cycle (i.e., goal setting, mid-year reviews, calibration, development planning, year-end reviews) and provide support to leadership that includes, but is not limited to, training, development and overall communication and awareness process.
- Manage strong succession planning and long-term projections of leader vacancy needs.
- Develop strategies to retain and motivate talent, including leadership on yearly involvement surveys, and engagement-related initiatives.
- Partner in executive assessment and selection processes for executive band positions
- Assist with Due Diligence for and provide talent leadership and support for new office openings and acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters degree preferred
- 10-15 years experience in talent management within large global organizations
- Experience leading talent acquisition and talent development
- Experience building and actively managing workforce plans to shape talent strategies
- Ability to create and communicate vision, mission, and strategies that align with overall business goals and objectives.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to link HR activities to key business initiatives.
- Experience leading, managing and building high caliber teams in a highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated success as a change agent for organizational transformation efforts.
- Excellent presentation, speaking and, communication (verbal and written) skills; ability to communicate and influence across the organization.
- Exemplary ethics and ability to drive and maintain a high-morale environment.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join