About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Sr Financial Analyst is responsible for a variety of functions within the Research & Safety Division FP&A Team, supporting both CCG and Corporate.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly key metric management reports
- Month end P&L generation
- Responsible for managing all HFM functions as they relate to supporting the monthly close, monthly maintenance, forecast and plan support, and mapping changes
- Working capital analysis
- Monthly balance sheet tie out
- Forecasting and planning for other shared service departments
- Maintain database including the entity and account structure in Hyperion Enterprise.
- Support the Safety & Production Business Unit
- Support Division Financial Reporting team and Corporate in the monthly, quarterly and annual close process.
- Support the annual planning process (AOP) through department expense analysis and management report production.
- Provide other ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Candidate will have experience in the areas of financial reporting, internal control, forecasting, analysis, and accounting knowledge through professional and/or educational background.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit initiative and the Thermo Fisher Scientific. 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- The ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, and analyze and communicate variances to management.
- The ability to develop well defined analysis and presentations.
- History of participating on teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers.
- It is required that the candidate has the ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- Support process improvement actions and teams.
- The ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, demonstrate a desire to advance and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Skills with HFM, Excel, COGNOS, Oracle, MS Access, SQL, and MS PowerPoint are required; additional skills with Data Warehouse and Visual Basic are a plus.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background.
- Advanced qualifications are preferred (CPA, MBA, etc.)
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills
- Excellent skills with MS Excel; experience with HFM.
- 4-8 years of relevant work experience.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join