The Senior Director, Global Sourcing Electromechanical Services is responsible for developing and implementing the overall Sourcing Strategy for multiple global commodities for Thermo Fisher Scientific, including Electromechanical contract manufacturing services, electronic components, and mechanical components. The individual is chartered with developing strategies that align with specific business needs, building a strong functional organization, establishing best practices, negotiating global contracts with preferred suppliers, identifying and driving continuous improvement initiatives. The Senior Director is also a key senior leader within Global Procurement, assisting with vision setting and development of new capability in the department.
- Leads global category management for assigned categories to deliver key performance indicators, including: Savings, supplier rationalization, low-cost region sourcing, risk management, spend under agreement, joint innovation, supplier performance, etc.
- Develops and drives 3-5 year global strategies focused on identifying and contracting with suppliers that meet key business needs and the aforementioned category management goals.
- Primary responsibility for identification, qualification and performance management of global strategic supplier base.
- Aligns team and category management processes to meet business needs and sourcing goals.
- Acts as the key interface with Thermo Fisher divisions ensuring alignment of strategies, and commitments.
- Interfaces with senior leaders to obtain sponsorship and resources to implement sourcing strategies that support their key objectives
- Manages a team of 3-5 direct reports and up to 10 matrix reports (regional and division category leaders or specialists).
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join