Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
We have an opening for a dynamic Revenue Recognition Specialist /Accountant III within the Life Sciences Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position may be based in Carlsbad.
- Ensures compliance to company’s revenue recognition policies and SOX controls for the booking of orders
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets customer purchase orders to evaluate and identify potential revenue recognition issues (i.e. complex language, omissions of data, necessary additions, language changes)
- Reviews customers’ terms and conditions for business acceptability and conformance with company policy, receives guidance from Finance and Legal, when appropriate
- Collects and reviews documentation (i.e. proof of delivery, customer acceptance) to ensure revenue recognition conditions have been met.
- Partner and support the Finance teams by assisting with revenue recognition related questions
- Documents work product using available systems and tools
- Provides oral and written communication to impacted departments
- Provides ongoing revenue recognition training and mentoring to Sales Operations and Sales employees
- Acts as liaison with internal and external auditors
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Analytical skills to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Read and interpret terms and conditions, written guidelines, directions, and correspondence
- Strong communication skills to prepare and deliver educational, analytical, and/or persuasive presentations
- Strong organizational skills to balance priorities, complete projects in a timely manner, and consistently manage own workload
- Diplomacy, flexibility and tack (professional demeanor)
- Organized, detail-oriented and refined time management skills
- Ability to work effectively under high stress, time critical deadlines
- Ability to work independently with general direction
- Working knowledge of revenue recognition compliance
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley, Series 404
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Email
- Proficient in SAP and JD Edwards/E1
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance or Accounting preferred) with 3 to 5 years of previous accounting experience.
- Previous experience with revenue recognition, month-end close, and contract compliance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join