When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
South San Francisco, CA - Oyster Point Blvd
How will you make an impact?
The Service Development Manager (SDM) oversees the implementation and support for all assigned instruments. In this role, you will have direct, hands on experience with servicing or developing services for our current instrument portfolio and also Next Generation of instruments.
What will you do?
- Develop a coordinated product support strategy to support the business and balance competing priorities/systems.
- Work closely with other departments to identify opportunities to improve customer satisfaction, improve internal and customer facing processes, and grow service revenues across product portfolios.
- Ensure that best practices and priorities are adhered to and regularly reviewed.
- Support and develop new/legacy products.
- Be the liaison between the field, R&D, IT and Management to effectively respond to and escalate critical customer or instrument issues.
- Work with internal teams to rapidly establish root cause and resolve the issues identified by the field
- Monitor all aspects of Service metrics on all assigned products.
- Support internal Service teams, including TAC, Training and technical writers to ensure completion of all required deliverables.
- Participate with management in all tactical and strategic decisions that impacts Global Services and the Sequencing business strategy and portfolio management.
- Author Business Cases to support creation of new Services and Service Channels.
- Participate on integration related teams to bring on board purchased technology efficiently.
- Works with individual Service Development Managers, IT and R&D, Compliance Service Managers, Product Marketing and Service Marketing to drive service metrics review, develop strategies and prioritize action plans to reduce service costs as appropriate within the product portfolio and develop strategies to improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure product changes are communicated through to the field support groups.
- Work in collaboration with other departments within the Service organization to look for revenue opportunities
Oversee the implementation and the support for all assigned instruments. In this role, you will have direct, hands on experience with servicing or developing services for our current instrument portfolio and also Next Generation of instruments.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) in Life Sciences, Engineering preferred.
- Three to five years of experience
- Sr Field Service Engineer or Service Trainer or Regional Specialist or Territory Specialist who want to be more on the development side
- Ability to partner with, and plan projects to appropriate levels of details to achieve consensus among team members.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent understanding of field service support within the Biotechnology or allied discipline
- Ability to create and understand effective business models to support new business development
- Strong customer focus and ability to clearly communicate technical information throughout the organization
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com