The Product Specialist (PS) will have the responsibility to support our strategy to market Thermo Fisher’s consumables in the region and assisting the distributor’s sales network. This position will directly support the Commercial Manager to achieve his/her objectives within the assigned product categories and in the assigned region. Its main goal is to assist in successfully addressing sales opportunities and driving growth in accordance with assigned product goals. The Product Specialist will execute on defined tactical actions to ensure that our sales teams have the necessary support on product positioning / differentiation, applications, seminars, trainings and workshops. Furthermore, the PS will have the responsibility to gather and communicate competitor and market dynamics within the assigned portfolio to the marketing and business unit teams.
- Works to meet business goals, such as sales targets set by management for the each segments of the Thermo consumables product portfolio.
- Provides consumables forecasts as well as a list of major projects in the territory.
- Provides input to the Area Sales Manager with regards to market trends, distributor performance, important projects and key customer development.
- Monitors competitor activities and proposes tactics/strategies to counteract them.
- Executes an activity plan highlighting measures to be initiated in the territory to grow the business.
- Answers technical and application questions in support of sales opportunities.
- Performs routine field training with distributors to improve their awareness of product applications and technologies.
- Provides field demonstrations and installation support on assigned products.
- Produces and delivers technical presentations to potential customers addressing applications issues to drive product adoption and sales growth.
Advanced degree a required minimum in Bioscience, Engineering or related field 3+ years of experience in sales, marketing or technical applications support within life science research field Experience in delivering effective technical presentations and training Previous successful experience in developing strong customer relations Strong problem solving skills Strong desire to succeed and ability to execute on multiple tasks Excellent oral and written communication skills in English / Portuguese or English / Spanish Excellent interpersonal and persuasive communications abilities Willingness to travel extensively to accomplish assigned objectives 30‐40% of time estimated in traveling within the assigned territory
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join