About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Position: Global Sourcing, Energy Project Engineer, Global Energy Management
Location: US - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh
The Energy Project Engineer will develop and execute global efficiency initiatives that save energy and operating costs at Thermo Fisher facilities by applying your technical skills in commercial and industrial buildings.
Reporting to the Director, Global Energy Management, the Global Sourcing, Energy Project Engineer,serves a key strategic role in the Global Energy function at Thermo Fisher. As part of the Global Sourcing group, Global Energy provides support at all levels of the organization, and is responsible for Thermo Fisher’s energy sourcing strategy, demand management program and support of Company sustainability initiatives. Its goal is to achieve multi-million dollar savings, create competitive advantages through optimized energy procurement and use, and make the organization an industry leader in energy-related strategies, processes, and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage with vendor and facility development teams during the initial stages of project development to assess the viability of potential projects
- Conduct or coordinate facility site visits, ASHRAE audits (Level I, II and III), feasibility studies, and demand response audits to identify energy savings opportunities
- Use tools and technology to compare cost effective options and make recommendations to achieve a more efficient operation
- Assist in the development of project engineering designs for use in cost estimating.
- Develop and maintain a network of engineering firms and contractors for project evaluation, development, and execution
- Seek, communicate and develop new energy saving opportunities to create/grow a project pipeline
- Review and approval of project proposals and technical submittals
- Will take the lead role in project commissioning.
- Provide on-going customer support as needed
- Bachelor’s or above degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical or building automation control related)
- PE/EIT registration is highly desirable
- Minimum 5+ years relevant experience in HVAC, building automation control or related field/work, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a lead engineer or project engineer/manager
- Proficiency in technical writing and documentation
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Hands-on experience with at least one building automation system (Tridium, Siemens, JCI, Honeywell, ALC, Trane, TAC, etc.)
- Experience in building energy modeling, simulation and data analysis a plus
- 10% global travel
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently while still meeting project deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of general Project Management concepts
- Ability to balance projects, with a high degree of energy; as a member of project teams and the ability to drive projects to completion in a complex, deadline driven environment.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join