The Director, Sales Optimization acts as a thought leader in setting the strategy for sales force automation initiatives, designing requirements for sales productivity tools, and continuously improving sales processes for RSD North America’s industry leading commercial team. Additionally, the role acts as an advocate for and representative of the commercial team when working with the internal shared service functions.
An experienced commercial & operational leader will leverage the Salesforce.com (SFDC) platform and other technology applications to drive profitable growth and commercial productivity. This candidate would own the development of our sales operations strategic roadmap, gain senior leadership buy-in, and drive execution through partnership with other functional teams including Sales, Marketing, Business Development, IT and Finance. Candidates must possess a strong business acumen, passion for challenging the status quo, and have the ability to work directly with various internal customers to understand and gather business requirements.
- The successful candidate must be able to work directly, in a hands-on way, with the system/data, lead multiple technical projects or portions at one time, as well as provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable on the SFDC platform.
- They will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities.
- They will have superb communication and project-management skills, and will be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- They will deal with highly ambiguous problems, taking full control and responsibility for finding solutions, and will drive towards simple solutions to complex problems.
- Lead and develop a team of sales operations process and execution professionals.
- Develop best in class processes and procedures to guarantee efficient and effective support to the RSD Commercial organization and other internal partners
- Consistently serves as a liaison between the selling organization and all internal operational groups, to ensure collaborative and effective partnerships
- Champions efficiencies through the sharing of best practices within the larger Thermo Fisher Commercial teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including both commercial responsibilities and operational support.
- 2+ years experience designing processes through Salesforce.com
- Experience in strategic selling, account management, business negotiations and proposal writing
- Experience with the channel (distribution) business model is a plus.
- Proven experience working within matrix environment.
- Strong analytical and finance background including understanding of P&L levers
- Proven ability to lead and develop high performing teams and best-in-class processes
- Ability to collaborate at the executive level on business unit planning and operations
- Excellent presentation skills and executive presence; Must have strong written and verbal communication skills; effectively communicates strategic messages to target audiences
This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join