How you will make an impact
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What you’ll do
The Director, Leadership Development has two key responsibilities: Oversight and execution of the global GM, Sales Leadership and Operations leadership development efforts and oversight/management of Thermo Fisher’s performance management processes. In this capacity, you will ensure the effectiveness of the targeted programmatic aspects of our development strategy and ensure that the back-end performance management processes effectively reinforce the behaviors and expectations of leaders at all levels in Thermo Fisher. You’ll partner with HR & business leaders to focus on solutions which build skills and competencies to meet the company’s present and future talent capability requirements.
- Align company-wide learning and development initiatives with Thermo Fisher’s overarching business strategies and culture.
- Design, develop and deliver learning programs for key roles – emphasis on GM, Sales Leadership and Operations Leadership.
- Partner with Executives and other stakeholders to design and develop business specific programs.
- Provide feedback to Executives and other stakeholders on training delivery and content.
- Partner with external providers to design and develop training programs to meet targeted employee development needs. Review, assess and implement enhancements to current programs to ensure best learning solutions that will meet employee needs.
- Provide organizational development solutions to businesses as needed. This includes consulting in change management, team effectiveness, building organizational engagement, organizational design consulting and leadership effectiveness support.
- Develop methods and tools to measure development and training initiative impact and effectiveness across the organization.
- Conduct individual leadership, career and talent assessments as appropriate using a variety of tools.
- Provide coaching and support to key leaders in the creation of robust development plans that meet succession and development needs.
- Oversee Thermo Fisher’s Performance Management and Development (PMD) processes and yearly cycle (from calibration to year-end to goal setting and more) including training of HR colleagues, and oversight of the PMD support structure, e.g, PMD iConnect page, etc.
How you’ll get here
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters degree preferred
- 8-10 years of progressive TMD experience; 6-8 years designing and developing leadership curriculums
- Strong OD consulting skills
- Able to communicate, influence and persuade at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent group facilitation, consultation, and leadership/executive coaching skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join