The Science Education Inside Sales Manager will develop and expand sales of K-12 science education products to schools and districts within the prescribed region. He or she will work with direct sales representatives and also directly with a range of prospective and existing customers. The role will involve growing existing business and identifying new business opportunities within the region’s customer and prospect base. The manager will have direct leadership responsibility for all direct sales personnel. The position is accountable for meeting region sales targets, account planning and forecast, and sales leadership. Ability to monitor, analyze and report on business and salesperson performance on a routine basis is essential. This individual will also be a key member of the Fisher Science Education leadership team.
- Achieve FSE direct region revenue and market share growth objectives.
- Develop the direct region’s commercial sales plan, including assisting, developing and implementing tactics to accomplish growth targets.
- Lead a team of 5-7 Sales Representatives. Coach and develop the team to increase sales productivity and effectiveness.
- Define core competency requirements of the sales team and work with human resources to ensure appropriate distribution of competencies to facilitate growth.
- Manage and hold direct reports accountable through the PMD process and performance improvement plans.
- Act as an involved member of the Fisher Science Education leadership team. Work with peers to develop the strategic direction for the overall business.
- Participate in monthly business reviews as well as steering committees to identify areas of opportunity within the business as well as lead projects to improve productivity, customer allegiance and overall financial performance of the business.
- 5 years of sales experience, preferably in industry, academia, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Prior management experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Proven record of leadership in establishing goals and achieving results
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must deliver excellent customer service
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Must be willing to travel to customer locations, if needed
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- A true team player, the person needs to enjoy liaising with colleagues throughout the business to maximize every opportunity to increase sales and profitability.
- The individual should have proven technical & commercial skills and professional approach to managing all aspects of negotiation and fulfillment of contracts with a wide range of customers.
- Excellent time management, organizational and presentation skills are vital, so too is an outgoing personality, an eye for detail and plenty of self-motivation.
- Proven management and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Travel required ~10%
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join