Our Inside Sales Manager is responsible for managing a team of sales representatives who sell research products and services primarily by using the telephone; but also using email, Internet, and other technology within a defined territory. The Inside Sales Manager will be responsible for ensuring the team has effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts. The Inside Sales Manager will complete account planning and forecasting, analyze reports on business, and manage performance of the team.
- Manage team to maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
- Leverage available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
- Manage the strategic direction for the overall region; Lead the sales team to drive sales strategies to meet plan and expand business within assigned territory; Ensure team maintains a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives;
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory primarily by phone, but face-to-face customer meetings may be required
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services
- Have knowledge of Federal, state and local government operating and purchasing processes and procedures.
- Show initiative to develop programs to drive growth in any economic condition.
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability
- Manage overall performance of team members
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of region
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
- 5 years of sales experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Prior management experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Proven record of leadership in establishing goals and achieving results
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must deliver excellent customer service
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Must be willing to travel to customer locations, if needed
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join