Atlassian & Linux Systems Administrator
Job ID :
India - Bangalore
Roles & Responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities
- Deliver a stable Atlassian application & plugin environment
- Perform routine administration duties
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues impacting the Atlassian environment: Server, OS, application problems, etc.
- Participate as a team member or lead on implementation projects
- Act as a technical liaison between IT and its internal customers
- Significantly increase IT value to the business through the implementation of strategic projects; New implementations that fully meet operational and function requirements.
- Monitor and support Atlassian linux envrionment
- Ensure compliance within existing frameworks; implement new compliance frameworks as necessary
- Prepares design information in support of complex projects
- Leads and/or participates in technical (design) reviews and collaborative engineering of IT Standards
- Generation, Maintenance & Review of documentation (e.g. Run books, Policies, Procedures, Processes)
- Lead suppliers, whether inside or outside of IT, to deliver results for the team to meet established goals.
- Develops & designs solutions based upon functional and/or non-functional specifications/requirements; performs complex solution design using industry methodology and notation.
- Provides input to Management for making strategic and functional decisions; assists management in developing decision making guidelines and problem solving techniques.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal customers. Develop and grow relationships with peers in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively look for process improvement opportunities, challenge conventional practices, and adopt new methods and best practices. Also focused on continuous self-improvement.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, clearly and concisely present issues, alternatives, and recommendation(s).
- Demonstrated effective work procedures, self-manages work time and prioritizes multiple projects and problems.
- Demonstrated ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions that are actionable and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Demonstrated productivity and drive for results, bottom line oriented, executes directives as expected and can be counted upon to exceed goals successfully.
- Demonstrated adaptability to manage change, maintain effectiveness in varying environments with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Demonstrated ability to find common ground and resolve conflicts with peers with minimum noise.
- Demonstrated ability to manage suppliers, whether inside or outside of IT, to deliver results for the team to meet established goals.
Knowledge & skill Requirements
- BA/Bs in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with and strong knowledge of Atlassian product suite and associated plugins administration. Specifically: Jira, Confluence, Crowd, Fisheye, Crucible, Jira Agile
- Experience with Teamforge, Git, and SVN preferred.
- Experience with deploying Atlassian applications (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience with data/project/user migration into Jira
- Strong knowledge of other Atlassian products and plugins desired.
- Expert-level understanding and experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Understanding and experience with Agile development and SCRUM process - Preferred
- Strong knowledge of Linux-based operating systems (RHEL and Ubuntu preferred)
- Database administration experience (especially with PostGres - Strongly preferred
- Strong systems analysis and design skills.
- Ability to script in shell, Perl, and python. - Preferred
- Knowledge and relevant technical infrastructure areas (e.g. DNS, NIS, NFS, CIFS, SSL, SMTP, HTTP/S, RPC, LDAP).
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join