Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Service offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Currently we are looking for a Country Manager DACH within our Life Sciences Solutions Group to cover the territory of Southern Germany, Austria and Switzerland
The role is home-office based, either in Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
The Country Manager position is a field-based management job accountable for sales results in an assigned geography. This position is responsible for leading business processes and managing the resources associated with Instruments business plan achievement in a designated geographic area. Incumbents in this position are accountable to Commercial Operations leadership for: achieving agreed upon sales and financial target, establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with key customer executives, insuring effective sales and service coverage in their assigned geographic market, attracting and retaining a cadre of qualified Account Managers and Sales Specialists to realize growth opportunities available in the assigned market and, providing service to customers consistent with Life Technologies standards and expectations.
BUSINESS PLAN DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION
- Develops a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with Life Technologies Commercial management for the region
- Directs the tactical implementation of the business plan to meet objectives – including sales to new accounts in target industries, successful introduction of new products, and the retention of current customer at an acceptable rate.
- Oversees contracts/quotations within Life Technologies Guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin with guidance from Director of Sales or Commercial Operations’ Finance department
SALES LEADERSHIP AND CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Through Account Managers and Sales Specialists, directs the process of selling Life Technologies products and services to customers and prospects
- Regularly monitors customers’ needs and Life Technologies’ product offerings to ensure needs are understood by team members and key Life Technologies departments and, appropriate levels of service and responsiveness are provided to accounts
- Consistently monitors results of sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tool
- Develops and maintains an up to date knowledge of markets, products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned region
- Ensures that product and other relevant information provided to customers by Account Managers and Sales Specialists is accurate and thorough
- Ensures that comprehensive product and application knowledge is used to successfully conduct effective consultative and strategic selling presentations.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge of customer activities and future plans that impact use of Life Technologies products in strategic selling presentations.
Nature and Scope:
- Proficient in strategic and tactical thinking about the business, developing actionable business plans and demonstrating to Region team member how to achieve those plans
- Strong analytical and business planning skills.
- Superior professional presence and business acumen.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate with many diverse customer audiences such as Economic Decision Makers and other influencers, and internal audiences across functions Communication skills include excellent listening and presentation skills.
- Strong capability to interface effectively with all customer types across functions and at all levels to gain commitment, obtain resources, and achieve desired results.
- Ability to function effectively with a high performance team with strong team building skills and the ability to resolve conflict.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Requires sound experience in sales and/or sales management including selling and account relationship management experience with a major company.
- Several years of leadership experience
- Fluency in English and German language, written and oral
- Extensive knowledge of sequencing preferred.
The Country Manager is expected to possess experience in: team management, sales strategies and personal selling effectiveness, analytical and problem solving skills, communications skills, client relationship management skills, industry/market analysis skills, and business planning skills. Position requires ~50% travel.
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application! Apply today and contribute to our mission to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer!