About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The key objective is to engage our business partners, facilitate their IT related requests and provide relevant solutions to key IT related business needs. This includes management of the roadmap and level 2 support for Distribution related systems.
- Lead and/or Participate in Practical Process Improvement Kaizen events to optimize business and system process flows
- Employ advanced data mining and analysis techniques to identify productivity improvement opportunities
- Manage medium sized project delivery, including: cost, schedule, scope, quality and delivery
- Conduct and/or participate in requirements gathering and design workshops for systems such as Manhattan Warehouse Management, Cognos, DSI dcLink, QAD Precision/TRAX, Oracle Fusion Middleware, webMethods and Oracle Enterprise One ERP.
- Conduct fit/gap analysis and document business/system requirements
- Develop prioritization mechanisms and lead prioritization meetings to drive regional and global priorities for Distribution/Logistics IT related enhancement requests
- Develop high level design and coordinate with development teams
- Configure E1, Precision Trax and WMS systems to meet business requirements
- Develop SCI (Cognos) reports using SQL and business model
- Create and execute test scripts, capture defects, verify fixes and report updates
- Perform functional, end-to-end, regression, and smoke testing
- Coordinate development activities with multiple teams, including working with internal offshore development teams and external vendors to deliver end-to-end functionality.
- Coordination of changes requiring infrastructure team involvement
- Troubleshoot issues, identify problems and develop practical solutions
- Manage release plans, including scope, schedule, documentation and coordination with technical teams
- Develop change and release documentation to support change management processes
- Document release notes and develop training materials
- Participate in or lead Major Incident calls to assess/report impact
- Develop training materials and train business users on IT systems
- Contribute to knowledge repository
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join