The Project Manager, Strategic Accounts acts as the primary point of contact for Industry Directors and VPs in support of RFP responses for strategic accounts. The Project Manager will coordinate sales support activities associated with RFP responses including consolidations of RFP deck content, formal response process and cross-reference activities. They will work collaboratively across functional areas to establish action plans, provide strategic direction and facilitate timelines to ensure effective completion of all activities necessary to develop and RFP response. They will provide the Proposal Marketing Specialist with the vision and content details needed to develop professional RFP presentations. The Project Manager will work collaboratively with Marketing, Industry Directors and Industry VPs to be successful in this role.
- Working collaboratively with the RSD Industry teams to develop a process for the expeditious completion of robust and professional RFP responses including finalizing all required response documentation, cross-reference activities, collateral content coordination and marketing collateral development.
- Manage, coach, motivate, and develop direct reports; team of two Proposal Writers.
- Identify content requirements for RFP presentations ensuring documents highlights RSD and/or Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities and value proposition.
- Work with the Commercial Sales Support team to ensure complete cross reference requirements are met and utilize sales associates to improve completeness of response.
- Coordinate and interface with Industry commercial colleagues to develop new processes for RFP responses to promote win and retention rates.
- Assume leadership role for special projects as needed.
- A college or university degree is preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of commercial and/or marketing experience; managerial experience preferred
- Demonstrated selling, entrepreneurial, key account management and strategy skills
- Travel up to 25%
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must have a detailed understanding of Industry segments.
- Strong organization, multitasking and project management skill set
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to communicate across all levels of management internally and externally
- Ability to work across disciplines and in a multi-cultural, team based environment and able to influence others in a matrix organization.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join