We are looking for a Manufacturing Technician required to assist in production at the Protein Separations Unit. In this role you will;
- Take full responsibility for the manufacture of products as delegated by the Production Team Leader and Production Supervisor.
- Actively participate in the writing and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Carry out duties as requested
- Complete all Production tasks as scheduled on a daily and weekly basis.
- Report to the Team Leader / Production Supervisor any production related problems.
- Perform all work using the appropriate SOP, batch sheet, etc.
- Ensure plant hygiene and housekeeping is always maintained.
- Data entry for Routine Production work orders (to be done on a real time basis).
- Update and write Batch Sheets and SOP’s pertaining to new and existing processes.
Technical Transfer / Process Improvements
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Be prepared to be on the call-out list for equipment breakdown.
- Participate in appropriate meetings and discussions as required.
- All other reasonable tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader and/or the Production Supervisor.
- Experience working in a production environment, especially food, milk processing or related to biotechnology.
- Academic qualifications to sixth form certificate, in Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology, or a tertiary qualification primarily in a biological science is preferred
- Requires a high school diploma. An Associate degree in a scientific or engineering discipline is preferred
- Natural communicator, both written and oral
- Accurate, with proven attention to detail
- Safety minded in work practices
- Technical and mechanical aptitude
- Able to consistently lift around up to 25kg
- Knowledge of general separation techniques
- Experience working in cGMP
- Knowledge of computer applications and current software is desirable. General understanding of machinery and mechanics is advantageous
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join