Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group
Division: LSG Commercial
Business Unit: Commercial Global Service Support & Customer Service
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Are you looking to drive your career?
The Genomic Orders Team is searching for great internal candidates. We serve customers who are on the cutting edge of science; this business will familiarize you with our website as you assist customers who are leveraging our eCommerce functionality - a major area of growth for our business.
Are you looking to be a valued member of a specialty team?
Most of our work comes in electronically and we need people who can communicate professionally and effectively with our customers. We work as a team to meet our customer expectations for service level and ensure we meet our own internal metrics for team performance.
Are you looking to learn more about our products?
You will get to learn about an important and specialized set of products as we support order entry and guide our customers in the ordering process as well as guide them to self-service.
Are you looking to grow your professional network?
On the Genomics Team, you get to build relationships internally, some examples include: Manufacturing, Product Management, Planning, Distribution, Technical Service, and Sales. These internal relationships help drive resolution for customer issues.
Are you looking to build customer allegiance?
Many times we are able to work directly with end users and build relationships with them as we solve their issues; however we do deal with complex issues that require complex thought. You will have an opportunity to develop your troubleshooting skills as you guide our customers through the process; you will build on your existing skillsets and ensure that we deliver the best experience for the customer. There is also opportunity to work directly with customer feedback and implementing solutions to improve the customer’s experience.
Are you looking for success?
Our Team is diverse and has qualified, experienced employees serving our customers. It takes someone who is detail oriented and has the ability examine and triage customer requests that often look similar, but can vary greatly. We provide a structured and supportive team environment as you learn our products and our processes. The days are never the same and we need someone who thrives on individual & team contributions as well as someone who can identify and implement opportunities to improve processes and ultimately the customer’s experience.
- Respond positively, professionally, and expeditiously to process all incoming customer inquiries and orders through a variety of channels including Telephone and Email (e.g. pricing, availability, order status, shipping details, etc…)
- Adhere to SOP’s and departmental training guidelines
- Follow established service quality standards and meet established telephone order processing time standards (talk time, after call work, order accuracy, etc...)
- Assess individual customer requirements and direct activities to appropriate departments
- Utilize sales order entry system, catalogs, price lists and sales aids to provide accurate information to customers, including interpreting quotes and promotions and credit policies
- Provide required documentation related to each particular order to meet shipping schedules (e.g. material safety data sheets, certificates of analysis, custom orders, etc...)
- Maintain daily sales order log, reports, and other records; provide reports and logs as required
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
Nature and Scope:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact, and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and/or proprietary information
- Job encounters recurring and routine work situations with occasional variations from the norm
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instruction on new assignments
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position
- Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure good customer service
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and positive attitude and perform as a team player
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Business Administration or a scientific discipline.
- Proficiency in order entry systems and processes.
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems and to multi-task under deadline
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of related customer service experience, knowledge/experience within an E-Commerce environment a plus
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of personal computer applications such as Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Software, SAP Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Has contact with all levels of company employees as well as external customers.
- This position requires repetitive typing, considerable interaction on the telephone and regular viewing of a computer monitor
- The use of voice is required for a significant portion of the day
- Most of the other physical demands are typical with those associated with an office environment
- Must be flexible with hours worked to support department hours 8AM – 8PM ET, Monday through Friday
- Some Holiday work may be required.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join