We have an outstanding opportunity in Fremont, California for a Product Manager in our Drugs of Abuse group. In this role you will have the opportunity to be a passionate advocate brand leader who will create and lead multi-year strategies, and guide planning for future positioning, growth, and evolution, of our Oral Fluid Testing business.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
You will be viewed as the focal point for the Business Unit, and serve as product champion with internal stakeholders, regional teams and key accounts. In addition, you will have the opportunity to identify, establish, and manage key strategic relationships with industry opinion leaders, and customers. In addition, you will create demand and drive to achieve revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives.
In your efforts to perform market research and obtain the voice of the customer, you will define market trends, investigate customer needs, and define the product concept, customer requirements, and product requirements. The greatest challenge in this role is to develop business cases, and project proposals for all new product opportunities!
It will be important to develop revenue forecasts, and coordinate with our regions on product acceptance, and adoption rates, and serve as the "product champion" with internal stakeholders, regional teams, and key accounts, through training, and active participation in the sales process, including product value proposition, pricing tactics, and customer support. Your greatest accomplishments will come as you champion successful product launches through requirements, development and commercialization and work closely with cross-functional teams. In this role you will ultimately own the customer satisfaction, and financial success of new product introductions!
How Will You Get There?
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science, Marketing or related degree (MBA preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar marketing or Product Management role in Clinical Diagnostics or Medical Device industry
- Demonstrated experience developing financial models
- Quantitative analysis skills
- Analyzing models to forecast and track revenue results
- Building product roadmaps and product life cycle management
- Experience with building a business product line including advanced skills in value capture and creation, a customer-centric focus
- Keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Solid presentation skills to various audiences, including scientists, executives and non-scientific personnel
Note: Up to 25% travel required (both domestic and international).
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com