Unity Lab Services (ULS), a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instrument, and enterprise services to our customers. This Field Service Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support and customer relationship management. The successful candidate will provide complete services on Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry systems, including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualifications. Our ideal candidate will be customer oriented, an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific in customer laboratories, and be eager to drive growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry systems
• Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with other ULS teams and Sales
• Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks
• Reviews reports and documentation from customers, and inspects malfunctioning product to determine nature and scope of problem
• Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action
• Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs
• Analyzes Chemistry reports of technical problems to recommend modifications to eliminate future problems
• Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
• Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
• Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience requirements:
• Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Sciences or related field preferred
• 5+ years hands-on experience as a Service Engineer is preferred, particularly working with analytical instrumentation or 3+ years relevant industry experience
• Hands-on experience with Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry systems preferred
• Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
• Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
• Must be available to travel overnight up to 30% within the territory or other areas as required
Essential Functions and Physical Requirements
• Ability to safely lift 50 Lbs with assistance on occasion.
• Ability to safely lift and carry 25-30 Lbs continuously throughout the day.
• Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
• Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 30%.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Regular and Reliable Attendance
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join