When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Laboratory Chemicals Division (LCD), Strategic Account Executive is responsible for achieving profitable growth in targeted strategic accounts within LCD. This role will partner with key customer decision makers, channel partners, the corporate account team and business unit leaders to drive account strategy development and execution for LCD and improve the overall customer experience at assigned accounts. This role is responsible for leveraging the business units and commercial team to facilitate and implement programs to maximize Thermo Fisher revenues and partner at the highest levels with the customer.
Job Functions and Accountabilities
- Lead the collaborative development and implementation of portfolio-based strategies and business plans to drive growth and improve market share in assigned accounts, identifying key areas of short-term and long-term growth.
- Ensure a disciplined process to define, communicate, activate, execute, and performance manage strategic choices and initiatives that will drive achievement of goals.
- Conduct competitive analysis and evaluate new business opportunities. Leverage the combined LAR (Laboratory Analytical Reagents) and FCP (Fine Chemicals Products) portfolios to build differentiated value propositions.
- Represent all North American customer sites for targeted accounts. Serve as the U.S. representative for global initiatives serving as key LCD commercial point of contact for Thermo, Channel, and LSG corporate account executives.
- Lead Request for Proposal (RFP) strategy development, positioning, and response, and align specific proposals and offerings to company objectives by working with division marketing teams.
- Manage the interface between the assigned accounts and LCD Representatives, and drive internal communication and coordination of initiatives across account management team.
- Build strategic relationships with key customer stakeholders, (e.g., sourcing / procurement, scientific leadership, end users, etc.) to advance LCD’s access and opportunities.
- Utilize established internal processes and work with Business Unit planning teams to forecast large wins.
- Provide commitments of expected bookings and sales revenue through the monthly MBR process, manage pre-established budget, and own reporting on a timely basis.
- Serve as a mentor for the commercial organization on strategic selling approaches through ongoing coaching and development.
- Provide market insight and input into commercial tools, programs and processes that can be leveraged broadly across the organization, including portfolio and pricing strategies. Conduct regular business updates to key stakeholders within client company and within Thermo Fisher.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or sciences required.
- MBA or advanced degree in business or sciences highly desirable.
- Seven or more years of relevant commercial sales/marketing leadership experience working in partnership with senior level stakeholders.
- Proven track record of sales and strategic account development success in equipment, consumables, or reagents in pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology accounts.
- Demonstrated success and strength in developing strong customer relationships, especially at leadership levels, and translating customer business goals and challenges into company-provided solutions and services.
- Proven ability to coordinate activities and influence actions of our commercial and channel representatives to drive strategic initiatives.
- Strong role model sales leader with ability to develop and motivate people across a diverse organization and to manage/lead others.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, strategic selling, negotiating, presentation and financial/business acumen.
- Proven ability to provide value to a broader corporate strategic account the Thermo Fisher corporate accounts team to support senior level initiatives.
- Experience in building Blue/Gold Sheets and driving Account Specific Strategies to shorten the sales cycle to realize revenue.
- Strong written and oral communication, organizational, and project management skills.
- Energetic, motivated and resourceful.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight (>50%)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join