How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands: Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Inside Sales Representative – Gent/Belgium
What will you do?
An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen at Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. for a Life Sciences Inside Sales Representative to join our team based in Gent - Belgium.
This entry-level sales role is particularly suited and designed to promote the development of recent graduates, who have achieved a minimum of BA / BSc in Biology / Life Sciences and demonstrates the desire, aptitude and drive to work in a sales role.
If you already have sales experience or lab experience this is an opportunity to develop a sales career working for the world leader in serving science.
The primary objective of this role is the direct two-way person-to-person interaction with customers, to start and develop relationships that benefit customers and the organization, whilst delivering and exceeding our annual operating targets.
The position is office based with occasional visits performed in the field.
What will be your key duties and responsibilities?
- Ensure the achievement/overachievement of the set sale targets, by maintaining, identifying and developing sales opportunities through an out-bound sales activity, competing within the stated territory and/or named accounts.
- Ensure that all necessary resources needed are used effectively in order to close sales in favor of the Company.
- Build and maintain relationships by telephone and email with customers and potential customers in an assigned territory, to a communicate product and service information and to collect additional strategic information. Consolidate these relationships by field actions when required.
- Based on our CRM system identify customers by qualifying their business potential in order to develop business opportunities and promote growth.
- Work together with field sales to coordinate how to approach accounts. Work closely with field colleagues to coordinate actions. This includes qualifying leads on high value accounts, supporting tender response coordination, ensuring all in-bound sales enquiry qualification and quote generation, customer demonstration and presentation.
- Develop and maintain detailed customer/prospect records and ensure that the relevant mailing list and database reflects this information (e.g. Customer Contacts Database and Marketing Database).
How will you get here?
- Degree in a Life Science-related subject (Preferably MSc/PhD).
- Native-level command of French and Dutch.
- Good English language, both written and spoken.
- Excellent Communication skills, telephone manner & tone, with excellent listening & questioning skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and desire to succeed.
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment.
- Practical understanding of the sales process & buying cycle.
- Computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office package.
- Ability to travel overseas occasionally to attend meetings and training sessions.
- Previous telesales/sales experience is desirable.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join