Job Title: Inside Sales Representative
Reports To: Manager, Inside Sales
As a member of our Sales Team, you will work in a team environment to manage and exceed budget in a growing and dynamic territory. The territory may consist of academic, clinical, and biotech partners, research laboratories etc. Working with a minimal amount of supervision, you will increase and maintain sales by developing working business relationships with our customers, and our vendors through highly focused selling to our existing customer base (direct sales efforts, product detailing) and through continued emphasis on developing new customer opportunities. The Inside Sales Representative conducts all work via the phone.
- Initiates outbound calls to sell Fisher Scientific Laboratory and safety equipment in an assigned territory and receives inbound calls from potential customers.
- Builds and maintains the profitable sales of a mix of products as well as the highest possible level of Customer satisfaction.
- Knows and works regularly with all supplier/vendor representatives in the territory.
- Responsible for meeting assigned sales profit targets.
- Continually upgrades and maintains knowledge of market and products through self-study and company sponsored training courses.
- Prepares and submits daily call reports, weekly sales call schedules, sales forecasts, monthly reports, target account plans, etc.
- Maintains and updates customers' information within Contact Manager.
- Works as a team with the Instrument Specialists, Clinical Specialists, Safety Specialists and National Account Representatives to increase sales and provide them with potential clients.
- Generates and follows up sales leads and quotations.
- Attends and works at trade shows and exhibits as assigned
Minimum Requirements /Qualifications:
- B. Sc. or equivalent college diploma with focus on the sciences
- Proven track record in the area of customer service or sales.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required.
- Looking to join an enthusiastic, professional selling team with scientific expertise.
- Able to work independently to achieve goals.
- Solid knowledge of laboratory practices and products.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Thermo Fisher Scientific and in this position. All applications will be reviewed with care and selected candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join