Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Create and maintain SKU level standard costs in accordance with corporate policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Collaborate with manufacturing personnel on structure and validity of BOM and routing data. Update, collect and study data to determine costs of business activities.
- Provide accurate, timely costing information to the business to support business decisions.
- Review and develop standard work to ensure variances arising from purchase prices and work orders are investigated and any necessary corrective actions implemented.
- Assist in the analysis of financial data and assess relevant information; interpret data for the purpose of applying past financial performance to future standards.
- Provide support as required for cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs.
- Reconcile ending inventory balances on monthly basis.
- Manage the excess and obsolete inventory reserves based on guidance from corporate policy.
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent education and one to four years of relevant experience are required
- Experience in JDE (E1) or similar ERP system, proficiency in Excel and Macro and an understanding of working in a matrixes organization a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to interface effectively with all levels of company employees. Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
- Self-Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure a smooth office operation
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and ability to perform as a team player
- Some traveling is require
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join